Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

#TubProbs

I am getting really bad at this posting every week deal, so I apologize if you have been anxiously awaiting my next post.  I will try to recap what our last 2 weeks have been like so brace yourself.....

House Inspection: Our house inspection was on the 5th and our home inspector was fantastic!  We seriously learned so much about how things work in a house that we have never known before (scary, but true).  He even gave us a pretty neat book on how everything works in our house and what's in it, etc.  This book will definitely be needed, especially if I am ever home alone without Matt. So anyways, it took our inspector to inspect our new soon to be home about 2 hours to do everything.  We found a bit of mold in the basement because of the gutter drains on the side of the house weren't long enough and one other problem. 
Our inspector took us upstairs to look at all 3 bedrooms and the 1 bathroom in our house.  He turned on the sink, the tub, and then flushed the toilet so he could see the "flow" of water.  All of a sudden a gray substance came up into the tub when he flushed the toilet and it smelled absolutely terrible.  It basically smelled like sewer!  ( Mind you that before we went upstairs we were walking on cloud 9 because we thought this was the best house ever with literally nothing wrong.) Oh and let me add that it took about 5 minutes to drain 5 cm. of water from the tub.  Our inspector told us that it could be from the piping of our plumbing because its (galvanized) or that it is clogged with "old hair" or who knows what else. YUCK! 
As of yesterday, we went back to look at the drain and problem again and it did not back up this time. This was a huge plus, but it still took 5 minutes to drain 5 cm. of water :(.  All in all,  we got a ball park estimate of what it would take to replace all our pipes if it was the worst case scenario and decided that we will replace it no matter what. So we are still moving on with our house and will hopefully close on the 10th of April! :)

Furniture: Matt and I are starting to look for furniture for our house.  If you have any ideas where we can find good quality furniture that isn't super expensive then let me know please and thanks!

Heath's 5 month birthday was the 13th, he is getting so big so fast! He is now bell trained to go potty which is awesome.  He basically rings a bell by the door when he has to go out. It took him like 2 or 3 weeks to get but hes got it now.  He also chews anything and everything so to stop it we are trying the pig ear chew treats.  So far he loves it, he was occupied for 2 hours straight by chewing it.  It is really gross because it really looks like a pig ear but hey, anything to stop him from chewing, right? 

To look at how much he has grown, here is a 6 week picture of him..

and here is 5 months...



Valentine's Day:  Matt and I did not spend Valentine's day together this year as he had a modified basketball game all the way in Kendall. (boo!) I did have 16 cute 1st grade valentines though as I have been subbing for a teacher in Alexander for 2 weeks.  I made them these valentines too...

"Wow! This is so cool!" "Your the best teacher ever!"

The kids absolutely loved it! My mom and I took off the paper of 120 crayons, broke them into pieces, put them into a heart shaped cupcake pan, and melted them and WAH LAH- best valentines day gift ever! :)


So since Matt and I didn't spend valentines day together, we had two valentines day celebration nights this year.  Friday we exchanged gifts in which he bought me beautiful pink roses, red cat wine, ghiradelli chocolate and sweet tarts heart gummies. <3 Did I mention how much I love him? We then went out to our favorite pizza place and came back to watch the basketball skills contests with our lil man Heath. 
The life of my boys

 On Saturday, we went up to Buffalo on Elmwood to a cute restaurant/ martini bar called Cecelia's.  The blueberry martini was delish, as were the crab cakes, Matt's grilled salmon and my chicken entree. We then went to the galleria to go see the movie "Side Effects". This movie was absolutely nuts and so good.  Definitely recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

Wedding Details: No new updates.  My maid of honor, Summer and I are going to the Batavia Bridal Show this Sunday the 24th, So I am really looking forward to that.   I also am trying to get ahold of our planner to tell us what needs to be done next because a lot of stuff we can do at the Avanti, like the DJ, food, cake, etc.


More to come soon...





No comments:

Post a Comment