Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Weekend Highlights

So as you all know, Matt and I put an offer on a house on Thursday.  We found out Friday, after waiting anxiously all day that the seller ACCEPTED our offer and that Matt and I will be home owners pending the inspection on Tuesday.  Now, we are pretty sure that our inspector will find something wrong, I mean they always do, but overall I think we are OK and that we have a house to live in!! WOOHOO

After we found out, we rushed down to the realtors office, signed papers, and put our deposit down.  We then went out for dinner to good ol' Tullys to celebrate our next big grown up step in our lives.



Yesterday was the bridal show and it was nothing like I expected.  Matt, Summer, My mom, and I did have fun though as I won $5 cash from a limo service! There were tons of vendors for venues (not needed), photography (not needed), limo services, DJ's, cakes, flowers, videography (so expensive!) and photo-booth's.  Here are our photos....



The highlight of the bridal show was the Buffalo Bridal Association contests.  They would call random people up on stage to do various things. For example, there were 3 couples picked from the crowd.  Couple #1-STRONG, Couple #2- no words, Couple #3- somewhat normal.  These couples had a make out competition. AWKWARD!

I wish I got the part where I could show you how couple #1 was strong.  He basically held her up while kissing her for 5 minutes...

Then they chose 3 grooms that attended to come up on stage. This was my personal favorite...


So with all the bridal show excitement above, you may have forgotten that today is the Superbowl.  Although the steelers aren't playing, Matt and I will still be watching the ravens(boo!) and the niners play at our friend's Dave and Darcy's apartment.  I am pretty excited to play with their little man Harrison, eat tons of food, watch Beyoncé perform during halftime, and just have a good time with our friends we haven't seen in forever.


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited for tonight too! I even bought special Superbowl plates haha (they were on clearance at Wegmans so I had no choice!) Those photo booth pictures are hilarious, and always a good time at weddings! I don't even wanna know how much it costs to rent one though :/ And as far as the videographer, I know it's expensive, but my sister got one for her wedding and it was well worth it! We watch the wedding video at least once a year, so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbowl plates will definitely make the party...good call! :) The costs of the photobooth we really liked came with video messaging to us, book, cd and 2 prints with nice insert was like $895. Matt and I are trying to figure out what to do with the videographer...they are so expensive. We feel like if we don't get one then we will regret it though. We are trying to find someone good with a good price but not too cheap because we want a quality video at the same time.

    See you tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete