Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Catch up time



 Happy Easter!!  

Matt and I are alive!  We have been so busy this past month, we barely have time to do anything other than house stuff, grad work, keep Heath out of trouble & lesson plan every night.

To start & to go off the lesson planning, I received a 1st grade long-term teaching position at Alexander (Matt & I are both teaching at the same school...cute, I know).  I absolutely love it, everyone is so welcoming and my 16 kiddos are great.  It really came at a perfect time with the house and everything (actual teacher pay rather than everyday sub pay).  I am hoping that this experience will get me into my own classroom sooner rather than later.

Closing day is in t-minus 9 days, yes, that means only a week and 2 days folks!  We are so excited and cannot wait to get into our house.  Since my last post, the tub problem has been solved.  The seller ended up having her plumber come back to look at the drain again and he ended up pulling out a 5 inch piece of metal (the on/off lever for the water) out of the drain.  It is now a normal running drain, who knew?!  Matt & I still want to replace the pipes to the house so that will be our only major project that we need to complete before we move in.

We have been picking out colors for the rooms and trying to find furniture for the past month and so far it has been a success.  We found a great couple who hand craft furniture in Elba.  We put an order in for a TV stand, coffee table, two end tables and a wine rack. We were able to customize everything we ordered so we cannot wait to see how they turn out!  We also purchased a living room set from Raymour & Flanigan in Rochester.  Now all we need to get is a bedroom set and a few other odds and ends. I will definitely make sure I post pictures of the house as we go.  We can't wait to have everyone over for a house warming party!

 First wall decoration in our house :)

So I miss wedding planning....house planning is stressful. We have done a few things...
-Our engagement pictures are June 9th
-We just booked a surprise that only few can know...sorry :)
-DJ is getting booked this week
-Honeymoon & Rehearsal dinner are the next steps on the list to be completed.

1 comment:

  1. I AM OBSESSED WITH YOUR WINE RACK AND WANT ONE EXACTLY LIKE IT! I hope you don't mind if I copy you :) Did you get that custom made too?

    ReplyDelete