Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's been 25 days....

So it has been 25 days since Matt & I got engaged.  We are still in the moment of calling each other "fiancé" because admit it, it just sounds so much better than "boyfriend" or "girlfriend".  I mean lets face it, the boyfriend/girlfriend thing got a little old after 8 years of dating.  Anyways, a lot has happened in the past 25 days so prepare yourself....

For one, we already have our venue picked out and our date! We looked at Samuel's Grande Manor but it was not for us for a few reasons....
1. 6 weddings could be going on that day (imagine the movie Wedding Crashers)
2. There is no bridal suite, just their office to get ready in (cheap!)
3. No food tasting, they just want you to trust them & assume their food is to die for (food is the one thing people remember at the wedding)
4. We had our hearts set on the Avanti Mansion (It was love at first sight)

So later that day, we went to the Avanti Mansion to check it out.  This place is the most amazing/beautiful place on earth.  I would add a picture, but its a surprise (obv!) I guess you could always go to their site to look but it still won't be the same, so if I were you, I would wait.   Anyways, we booked the Avanti Mansion for both our ceremony and reception, so everything will be outside for our July 2014 wedding day.

Another huge accomplishment we have done for the wedding is picking out our photographer! We narrowed it down to 3 photographers and went from there by meeting them. We went with an amazing lady named Robin Fox from Rochester who does both Rochester and Buffalo weddings, free of travel charge-yes!  We have scheduled our engagement session for June up in Buffalo in Delaware Park in the gardens & other cute little places in the park.

On another exciting note, I had the opportunity to give one of my best friends, Summer, her maid of honor invitation and had a girls night where we spent hours in Barnes & Noble looking at Bride magazines while sippin' on Starbucks and went out to dinner to celebrate. We even got some nifty travel planners to write down important dates (pinning wedding ideas on Pinterest, girls nights, bridal shows, etc.) and a book for myself on everything you need to know including tips of planning your wedding.  It is probably the best book ever for a bride to be.  It is called "The Ultimate Wedding Planning Guide", it literally says what it does.

This Friday, I will be giving the rest of the bridesmaids their invitations in person or by mail.  Matt still needs to ask his groomsman, but each of our parties has a total of 7 in each.  Our event planner at the mansion told us that some parties had a total of 30...wayyy too many for our liking.  I just think that is nuts. It was one of the hardest decisions we had to make, so don't be offended because you are still invited most likely.
On a sad note, I am now ring-less because it was time to get the most beautiful thing I have ever owned re-sized down a whole size to a 5 1/2.  This has been the hardest part because even though I have showed everyone, including the students I sub for, teachers at the 4 districts I am in, and our realtor,  I still love to flaunt it.  We dropped it off on Saturday at Zale's and the lady told us it should only take a week, BUT it may take up to 2 weeks.  I am hoping to pick it up this Saturday because right now I have been wearing my promise ring and its just not the same.

If you're wondering how Matt has been through all of this so far, he has been a champ. 

So that's pretty much all the wedding excitement right now that has happened in our lives.

 On another note, our little man Heath had to get his man parts removed Monday, so I will leave you with a picture of him... he is doing great, a little groggy when he first got home but back to his ball of energy self last night and today.
"The inflatable pillow cone of shame."





1 comment:

  1. Omg I can't believe how much you've gotten done already! I'm not gonna lie, I looked at pictures of Avanti when you first told me about it, and it does look beautiful! I'm sure it will still surprise me to see how beautiful it is in person.

    I also can't believe your finger is a 5 1/2!! Such little fingers! hah I believe mine is a 7, but since I haven't gotten as far as you and Matt are, I'm not sure yet lol

    Can't wait to see engagement pictures!

    ReplyDelete